File a Towing Complaint

The world of the Web can be a very powerful place. Although strictly informal, filing a complaint on www.towcomplaint.com can go a long way. Voice your anger, frustration and help to spread the word about unscrupulous towing companies around the country.

If you’d like to file a complaint just register here and post a comment. Please be sure to leave the name of the towing company, the city and state in which the tow occurred, and then tell us you’re story. We’ll research the issue for you, see if there are any laws that pertain to your case and give you some free advice on what you can do about the situation. Best of all, we’ll file your complaint and let the rest of the world know about how you’ve been treated by the towing company.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

9 Responses to File a Towing Complaint

1. al ghebrelul on April 29, 2009 at 1:02 pm

my driver had an accident in Parksley, VA. VA TROOPER CALED BARNES TRUCK AND EQUUIPMENT .
    THEY TOWED MY TRUCK INTO THIER HOME. THEY USED A MEDIUM TOW THAT IS NOT LEGAL TO TOW 80,000 LBS TRUCK TRAILER.
    I RENTED TRUCK TO DELIVER THE LOAD ON THE TRAILER. THERE WAS A BREAK AIR POBLEM.WE AGREED TO FIX IT FOR $75.00
    I GAVE THEM MY CREDIT CARD .THEY SAID I CAN NOT HAVE MY TRAILER UNLESS I PAID HALF OF THE TOW BILL.THEY ANY WAY CAHARGED MY CREDIT CARD
    FOR $2,477.65.
    WE HAD TIME SENSTIVE LOAD, BECAUSE OF THIER REFUSAL HAD TO DELIVER LATE.I AM REFUSED TO BE PAID FOR THE LOAD.
    TO MAKE IT WORSE MY INSURANCE PAID ONOTHER BILL FOR MORE THAN $3,000.00 TO GET MY TRUCK OUT .
    ALL TOGETHER $6,0000.
    I NEVER GOT RENBERSED.

2. Jen Sullivan on September 5, 2009 at 11:20 pm

I parked in a residential neighborhood and there were permit parking only areas and an area for about cards “2 hour visitor parking m-f 8-6″, it was Saturday afternoon. I left ot go to a football game at college nearby and my car was towed. I found it and they said no parking during football games, I went to look for signs, and the only sign was above the “2 hour…” and ben back ward to about a 75 degree angle, not visible unless you are stnaing on your car pretty much. I double checked because i know that they are strict. It’s Saturday night, they’re closed. Also closed Sun and mon is Labor Day, no access until Tuesday. I have daily medication in the car and can not get a person on the phone, a recording until Tuesday and the police can not access. Is this legal for them? Don’t they have to display VISIBLE signs?

I am grad student, not working and can’t afford this and had tickets to a sporting event worth aboutt $600 that I lost now the sale on, also. In addition, I have medical paperwork in the vehicle.

Anything I can do? thanks in advance!

3. Jen Sullivan on September 5, 2009 at 11:21 pm

This is in Massachusetts, sorry

4. Lesley on February 1, 2010 at 7:06 am

Tonight my Ford F-350 was ILLEGALLY towed by Sergeants Towing out of the handicapped parking spot in Fred Meyer’s parking lot in Sandy, Oregon. We have a special needs child who uses a wheelchair. Upon finishing our shopping, we returned to where our vehicle had been parked and found it GONE. We have a parking permit from the DMV and were parked legally in front of store. The store had no connection to the tow and were actually very helpful. The Sandy Police were called to the scene and they referred to the incident as Grand Theft Auto and demanded the tow company return our vehicle. They must have been hovering around waiting for a victim because they had already towed our vehicle almost an hour away. Luckily for us, there were witnesses who saw the tow occur, in fact one woman stated that the tow driver almost ran her over in his hurry. Even more lucky, an employee saw the Sergeants Tow truck illegally load up our truck. Funny thing too, since the dispatcher LIED to us first on the phone, then LIED again upon admitting to the police officer the tow had occured, but saying the truck had been found abandoned afew miles from actual location. I am fuming mad and more than apalled. My child’s special and necessary medical equipment was in our truck and needed during its abscence. He had to suffer through the discomfort and anxiety of not having his medical equipment because our truck was illegally towed by a greedy selfish tow company, presided over by Steve Preston. People beware! What a greaseball! And upon doing some research, this is not the first time Sergeants Towing has had these kind of complaints. Enough is enough! This is wrong and I want to help put an end to it. The police suggested we take Sergeant’s Towing to court and sue them. But to be honest, I am mainly concerned that this doesn’t happen to anyone else!!!

5. Ms. McGraw on August 11, 2010 at 11:20 am

Reddman towing has on numerous occasions violated
    (625 ILCS 5/4-203) (from Ch. 95 1/2, par. 4-203)

No person shall engage in the removal of vehicles
    from private property as described in this Section without
    filing a notice of intent in each community where he
    intends to do such removal, and such notice shall be filed
    at least 7 days before commencing such towing.

And from other registered complaints I have read on this site it seems a few other companies have violated this as well. I have
    contacted an attorney and if you would like him to represent you
    as he will for me, you are entitled to your money back, any damages to said vehicle and the predatory towing company may
    serve jail time for their fraudulent activities.

6. robin m allen on February 6, 2011 at 4:31 pm

They had planted a perrson in the parking lot thay gave no warning to anyone they were going to tow u! they r predators and the law should be able to stop this crime! 6 other people were towed at the same time! IK amk fighting this

7. mechelle sharp on August 27, 2011 at 6:58 pm

First of all, this is about Tow Truck Drivers. Im am so sick and tired of how they think they are above the law. We as citizens are issued tickets for hudreds of things from parking tickets to traffic tickets and so on. Who do they think they are getting away with practically running everyday drivers off the roadway, coming up on vehicles at lights, intersections, stop signs, etc just to get their name into a hat to be the one pulled to take a viehicle for tow! There needs to be a law petitioned about this, it has become a huge problem!Anyways I was pushed hard today, my husband broke down on I10 here in houston, walked across the railroad tracks to a convience store to get a fuse, 15 minutes it took him and when he was walking back the tow truck driver passed him up while he’s flagging him down, the temperature is 106 here today, and he left him standing on I10, oh that’s safer to leave a humanbeing on the road than a big dark blue truck, real safe for him, in 106 degree weather, there NEEDS to be a Law about leaving tax paying citizens stranded on a major highway in any weather!!! I AM GOING TO PUSH FOR THIS, I WILL GET AS MANY SIGNATURES I CAN GET AND IM SURE I WILL NOT HAVE A PROBLEM GETTING THEM!!!

8. mechelle sharp on August 27, 2011 at 10:13 pm

and my complaint continues, after 2 hours of calling around to see which tow truck company towed off my truck, i finally got ahold of the right one, not only did this fool not want to give me the info if my truck was at his storage, he didn’t want to give the company name so i had to call hpd and get that info from them. Can you believe that you can’t leave your vehicle for 15 mins when you have a problem and walk to get gas, fuses tire inflator to be able to get home safely, but they tow your vehicle and leave a person stranded 20 miles away from home, but that just goes to show you money is what this country is all about, and that’s horrible. You go to work, put in your time, pay your taxes don’t have a vriminal background and when you need help, what happens? Crap like this..
    i am so angry and disgusted. We need a petition against tow truck drivers and how they operate.

9. steven bellman on April 24, 2012 at 11:56 am

big bens towing in waldorf md is a rip off i had him repo car for me ,he charged 500.00 ,i ask him to sell the car for me, he sold to a friend for 2500.00 never sent my money i thought he was honest and sent title but he is a thief watch out for him